Hospitality and Tourism
Te Pūkenga network partners (institutes of technology and polytechnics) have selected one of the current existing programmes of study (not including programmes of industry training at this time) to become the unified programme of study for each of the following qualifications:
- Travel and Tourism
- 2199 New Zealand Certificate in Tourism (Level 3)
- 2202 New Zealand Certificate in Tourism (Level 4)
- 2206 New Zealand Diploma in Tourism and Travel (Level 5)
- 2207 New Zealand Diploma in Tourism and Travel (Level 6)
- 2100 New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 3)
- Food and Beverage
- 2104 New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage Service (Level 3)
Unified programmes mean that there will be one programme of study aligned with each qualification, that works for learners in all regions. The unified programmes are high-level, broad and flexible programmes that allows each region the ability to tailor the programme delivery to meet their community needs.
Update regarding Travel and Tourism, Cookery, and Food band Beverage programmes
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback during the recent consultation process for the unified programmes.
We have now closed consultation and are making programme updates in response to the feedback. We will then work through the final stages of approval and accreditation.