Interim Māori Advisory Committee
Komiti Māori represents Māori learners, their whānau, hapū and iwi, Māori employers, and Māori communities. Members of Komiti Māori are appointed by Te Pūkenga Council on the joint advice of the Chief Executive of Te Pūkenga and the Chair of Mātauranga Iwi Leaders Group.
The group of experts provide Council with advice, quality assurance and critical thought leadership. The current interim committee term is coming to an end with the intent for the permanent committee to be in place in July 2023.
- Bentham Ohia – Ngāi Te Rangi, Ngāti Pūkenga, Ngāti Ranginui, Ngāti Te Roro o te Rangi, Te Āti Awa, Ngāti Rārua, Ngai Tahu
- Dr Teorongonui Josie Keelan – Ngāti Porou, Ngāti Awa, Tūhoe
- Glenda Taituha – Waikato, Maniapoto
- Te Pūoho Katene – Ngāti Toa, Ngāti Tama, Ngāti Whatua
- Jasmine Te Hira – Te Rarawa, Ngāpuhi
- Dr Ramari Raureti (Staff Committee Representative) – Te Arawa, Te Whakatōhea
- Dahrian Watene (Learner Committee representative) – Ngāti Hine, Ngāpuhi
Our Advisory Committees provide advice to Te Pūkenga Council with a representative from each committee sitting on Council.
Interim Māori Advisory Committee 2023 Meetings
Our Interim Māori Advisory Committee (Komiti Māori) meets on the third Thursday of each month. Members of the public are welcome to attend Komiti Māori meetings. If you would like to attend, please email the Secretariat for online login details.