Interim Kaimahi Advisory Committee
This committee represents our staff voice in the development and review of key strategic matters with our Te Pūkenga Council. The current Interim Committee will also be tasked with designing and testing the Committee framework and processes, ahead of creating a permanent Kaimahi Advisory Committee in 2024.
Each Te Pūkenga ITP subsidiary has elected a representative to the Staff Committee, and in turn they have elected two Co-Chairs, as well as representatives through to Te Poari Akoranga and the Māori Advisory Committee.
Heath Sawyer has been appointed as the Committee representative who will sit on Te Pūkenga Council. Elections for a permanent committee will take place in 2024.
- Nippy Paea, Relationships Manager, Te Tari Mātauranga Māori – MIT | IKAC Co-Chair
- Heath Sawyer, Principal Academic Staff Member – Wintec | IKAC Co-Chair | Te Pūkenga Council Member
- Ramari Raureti, Māori Success Manager – Toi Ohomai | Māori Advisory Committee Representative
- Linda Aumua, Head of School – Healthcare & Social Practice – Unitec | Te Poari Akoranga Representative
- Scott Casley, Academic Advisor – EIT
- Craig Ludlow, Academic Staff Member – WITT
- Jessica Costall, Academic Staff Member – UCOL
- Henry Ma’alo, Tutor – Whitireia
- Ali Bahmad – WelTec
- Mary-Liz Broadley, Senior Academic Staff Member – Open Polytechnic | Te Poari Akoranga Representative
- Barry Paterson, Principal Academic Staff Member – NMIT
- Ian MacDonald, Academic Staff Member – Tai Poutini Polytechnic
- Warwick Shillito, Co-Programme Leader Osteopathy – Ara
- Jody Takimoana, Academic Staff Member – Otago Polytechnic
- Angela Cooper, Senior Finance Officer – SIT
- Rhys Thurston, Allied Staff Member – EIT
- Andrea Armstrong, Allied Staff Member – Ara
- Bill Rogers, Academic Staff Member - NorthTec
- Keri Youngman, Training Advisor (Southland) – MITO (WBL representative)